Recipe by Chef Stu #2
A version of the venerable football favorite with tons of flavor, fiber, and foods of the super variety
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 lb spicy sausage
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 finely diced green chili pepper
- 8 ounces beer (I like PBR)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
to add after browning the meat
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 lb of pureed cherry tomatoes or 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 large fresh tomato, diced
- 1 large diced onion
- 1 -2 diced jalapenos (depends on your choice of heat) or 1 -2 habanero (depends on your choice of heat)
- 0.75 (46 ounce) can tomato juice (reserve remainder)
- 1 ounce square dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meat with the onion,garlic, cumin, and chile.
- Once meat is browned pretty well add the beer and simmer until meat is cooked through.
- Add pureed tomatoes or tomato sauce.
- Add all other diced vegetables and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add all the beans and half the remaining spices simmer another 10 minutes and then add remaining spices.
- Add dark chocolate.
- Let the whole shebang simmer at least another hour, adjust spices to taste.
- If you enjoy your chili hot, hot, hot! adjust for peppers, and I highly recommend the addition of your favorite hot sauce!