Recipe by StuYoung
So I'm tired of writing out this recipe on the back of cocktail napkins (while usually pretty well under the influence of said cocktails). So basically, for all the requests, here's the recipe that I've settled on after years of hummus blending. This recipe can easily be doubled/tripled/good-god-quadrupled.
- 1 (540 ml) can chickpeas
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons roasted tahini
- 1 teaspoon cumin (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the chickpeas, saving the liquid.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Add chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, and tahini to the food processor.
- Blend until its coarsely processed, scraping down the sides to make sure it all gets evenly processed.
- Add the reserved chickpea liquid (roughly a quarter cup, maybe?) until it is a desired consistency.
- Now its up to you to adjust to your own tastes; ie: add more garlic, try some cumin or parsley, experiment with adding some yogurt.