Recipe by Sturm
I looked at a lot of granola recipes and made one up using all that I have seen as a guide. I hope you enjoy my version. This make almost 9lbs of granola.
- 3⁄4 lb rolled oats
- 1⁄4 lb wheat bran
- 1⁄4 lb raw sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 lb raw barley
- 1⁄2 lb raw pumpkin seeds
- 3⁄4 lb steel cut oats
- 3⁄4 lb raw sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 lb whole flax seed
- 2 1⁄2 lbs raw nuts (any combo will do what ever you like)
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups honey (I like unfilterd and local)
- 1 cup blackstrap molasses
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla (use only real)
- 2 -3 cups dried fruit (what ever kind of dry or freeze dryed fruit you like I make the whole batch of granola then add the )
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 300' degrees.
- Spray 3 baking sheets (with sides) with with pan spray.
- In very large bowl mix first 9 ingredients.
- In sauce pan combine brown sugar, water, oil, honey, salt and vanilla. Cook over medium heat til sugar dissolves stirring constantly, Do not boil.
- Immediately pour over cereals and nuts, toss quickly to coat all.
- Divide onto prepared pans bake 30-45 minutes each depending on how brown you like it. Stir every 10 min during baking to brown evenly.You should taste for sweetness if you want it sweeter add more honey and molasses before it is completely brown .
- When golden brown remove from oven,and mix both pans together, then spread out evenly in both pans to cool.Break up and store in airtight container.