A childhood favorite of Carsten Schmidtke, from northern Germany.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut sturgeon into chunks and boil until done in mixture of vinegar and water.
- 2Remove fish from broth and keep warm in a steamer.
- 3Prepare a roux with butter and flour.
- 4Add currants, raisins, almonds, a pinch of nutmeg, and wine.
- 5Mix well and bring to a slow boil while stirring constantly for 10 minutes.
- 6Add lemon juice to taste, egg yolks, and a dash of sugar.
- 7Pour gravy over the sturgeon.
Browse Our Top German Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sturgeon With Raisin Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (1194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 785.2
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 370.6 mg
- Sodium 302.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 42.0 g