Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Last year I went on a trip to the West Coast and ate sturgeon for the first time. It is incredible! I ate at a restaurant called The Ark on Long Beach peninsula several times, and this was the sturgeon I enjoyed there. This dish is fantastic, and really easy to make. If you don't have sturgeon, I think any firm fleshed white fish would work.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons clarified butter
- flour (for dusting)
- 4 (6 ounce) white sturgeon fillets (skin off)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup sake or 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 3⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce (see below)
- chopped peanuts
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2⁄3 cup sake or 2⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey
- Heat the sesame oil and the butter until hot.
- Dust the fillets with flour.
- Pan fry until light brown on both sides.
- Add the garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until the garlic just starts to brown.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the sturgeon and de-glaze the pan with the sake.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and reduce until caramelized.
- (If the sauce appears to break as it reduces, add a tablespoonful of sake or sherry).
- Garnish with chopped peanuts.
- Teriyaki Sauce: Mix all ingredients together; will keep in the refrigerator for up to a month; before using, stir up from the bottom.
Wow, This was unbelieveable!! Great flavor. Not too spicy but a great kick. Although I didnt have the sake or dry sherry, I used red wine. I also added a little bit more sugar to the teriyaki sauce. And I only had powdered ginger not fresh. I will definatley be making this again. It was a very impressive dish. I served it with bowtie noodles tossed with butter and garlic. and Broccoli... mmmmmgood My four yr old son even ate this up!! Thank you for sharing.
I was excited to find this recipe on here! We are going to vacation at Long Beach this summer, and I can't wait to try their version. My family all really enjoyed this! We will make this again soon.