Recipe by realbirdlady
Adapted from a recipe by Nazrin N., a student at Lyceum School #220 in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- 1 lb sturgeon fillet, cleaned
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bunch spring onion, sliced
- 2 cucumbers, in large chunks
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 8 ounces pomegranate juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small boiler over low heat, reduce pomegranate juice until very thick. (This syrup is called narsharab.).
- Cut the sturgeon into 1-2 ounce pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper, and coat with sour cream.
- Place on a skewer and roast 7-10 minutes (traditionally over a charcoal fire).
- Place fish pieces on a plate and garnish with lemon slices and vegetables, with pomegranate syrup and sumac.