Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
A method passed down from a great fisherman. Sturgeon is popular in the Northwest, and is a unique fish. Please review and let me know if it works for you! Note- Measurements vary and are are approximate
- 1 cup sturgeon fillet, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned fish fry, use Louisiana Seasoned Fish Fry Brand
- Crisco shortening (for frying)
- tartar sauce (optional)
- Cut your fish into desired pieces, and soak in milk for one hour. (In the refrigerator).
- Pat pieces dry and coat completely in Louisiana Fish Fry. Set aside.
- Heat your shortening to aprox. 375 degrees, and deep fry fish in batches. (Make sure they don't cook too fast) Always test your first piece to make sure they cook thorough. Remove and set on a platter of paper towels to drain.
- These keep warm for a few minutes, until you can serve them. Watch your pieces and cook them evenly. I always serve these with a high quality tartar sauce, or just make home-made.