Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have been trying to find a recipe for whipped cream frosting to frost my kids' birthday cakes. I do not like butter cream. I'm going to make this tomorrow, but needed a place to store the recipe.
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Chill metal bowl and wire whisk beater in the freezer for 15 minutes
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in the boiling water.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and extracts until smooth.
- After bowl is chilled, pour in 2 cups heavy whipping cream. Beat on slow at first and increase speed when cream starts to thicken. When soft peaks begin to form, slowly add in dissolved gelatin. Beat on high until firm peaks form.
- Fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream mixture.