1/1 Photo of Stupid Simple Sugar Cookies
This is a slight variation on another sugar cookie recipe I got out of a magazine. The original recipe called for more flour than I used because that recipe was for roll out cookies, this recipe makes drop cookies. If you want to make roll out cookies, use 2 cups flour instead of 1 1/4 cup. For a different flavor (besides vanilla), try using almond or butter extract (same amount).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Cream butter and sugar in bowl until fluffy.
- 3Add egg and mix until well blended.
- 4Mix in baking powder and extract.
- 5Add flour by 1/4 cup at a time. This makes mixing a lot easier, and is better if working with children. If batter is slightly too thin, add flour by teaspoonfuls until desired texture is attained.
- 6Drop cookies onto baking sheet by tablespoonfuls. These tend to spread out a lot, so it may be best to only put 6-8 on each baking sheet.
- 7Bake for 14-17 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stupid Simple Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.8
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 104.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 1.9 g