Recipe by Catie Bartley
I know the Miracle Whip sounds strange, but it makes for the moistest cupcakes.
Top Review by Ishi
This is a recipe that my mother used in the 1950's. She always baked hers in a 9x13 pan and it made a wonderful, moist, and very "chocolaty" cake. I believe it was called the "Million Dollar Cake".
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flower,sugar,baking soda,cocoa, and salt.
- Add water,Miracle Whip, and Vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Fill cupcake pan sections a little over 1/2 way full.
- Cook at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Give remaining remnants of mix in the bowl to someone between the ages of 6 to 12 (or lick out bowl yourself).
- Frost however desired.