Recipe by Heather Reynolds in Virginia
This is so easy to put together with only 5 ingredients. Its a very hearty meal that can be used as a side dish or a main meal.
Top Review by GIBride01
I would give this a 4 1/2 star, but DH overruled me and said 5 stars, 12 month old inhaled the potatoes, which he ususally doesn't care for. I used about a pound and a half yukon gold potatoes I had on hand and about a pound of browned kielbasa sausage. Left the other amounts the same, but added a can full of chicken stock, some garlic and salt / pepper. The end result was good, I think without the extra liquid the sauce might have been too thick for us. As I made it, turned into a nice gravy consistency, was a tad salty for my taste, would probably add low sodium broth/soup and no salt next time. Used some homemade wheat bread to soak up the sauce and garlic green beans on the side. Very good and pretty darn easy! Will make again soon per DH request!
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 2 lbs smoked sausage
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of celery soup
- 1 ounce dry ranch dressing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray slow cooker with Pam.
- Cut potatoes into wedges or whatever size pieces your family likes. You can leave the skins off or on (we like them on)throw them in the pot.
- Cut sausage into 1/4" slices and throw them into the pot.
- In a bowl blend softened cream chees, cream of celery soup and envelope of dry ranch dressing mix. Pour over Potatoes and sausage.
- give it a little stir
- Cook low 6-8 hours.