Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the recipe that won US dollars 50 in the Thursday magazine dated Aug 29th-Sept 4th'2002. It was submitted by Anihita Ginwalla; a lady who looks as impressive as her cheesecake. The cake definitely looked like a winner!!
- 450 g frozen strawberries
- 15 g gelatin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 16 triangles regal picon cream cheese
- 120 g caster sugar
- 200 g digestive biscuits, crushed finely
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter or 3 -4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 packets Dream Whip
- Grease a 7-inch springform pan with margarine.
- Add the crushed biscuits and butter or margarine.
- Mix together with fingertips and press the mixture at the base of the springform pan and chill.
- Wash and drain the strawberries.
- Reserve a few for decoration.
- Chop the remaining strawberries into small pieces.
- Soak the gelatine in water and heat in a pan of water till it gets dissolved.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Beat the cheese and sugar together with an electric beater till light and fluffy.
- Add the gelatine liquid and beat again.
- Whip up one sachet of Dream whip (according to the instructions on the packet) and fold into the cheese mixture.
- Mix in the chopped strawberries.
- Pour into the tin and leave till it sets.
- When it sets, remove into a flat dish and decorate with the second sachet of Dream whip and strawberries.
- Chill again and serve.