Recipe by Perfect Pixie
I made this out of Apples for Jam, everyone loved it, it was so moist and yummy
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tablespoons warm milk
Directions See How It's Made
- pre heat oven to 180 degrees C, butter a 12 x 4 inch loaf tin.
- cream butter and sugar until smooth and whisk in bananas.
- add eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and a pinch of salt, whisk well.
- sieve in flour and baking powder and fold in until smooth.
- mix bicarbonate of soda and warm milk together and add into batter.
- scrape mixture into tin and bake for about 50minutes until skewer when inserted into centre of bread comes out clean.
- turn onto rack to cool.
- serve warm or cold, plain or toasted with butter.