Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tasty little stuffing ball appetizers.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) packagecubed herb seasoned stuffing mix (about 4 c)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick pan, add the onion, celery, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook at a medium heat stirring as required until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir until stuffing is moistened and ingredients are well blended.
- Form into 1 1/2" balls (approx a heaping tablespoon of mixture).
- Place balls on baking sheet and bake until golden.
- Approx 25-30 minutes.
So happy to find this recipe as I had lost one I used years ago that everyone loved. Thanks Pixie.
These were pretty good. I baked mine for a few min longer to get a nice crunchy coating. I liked these just fine, but it was a lot of preparation and they didn't taste much different than regular stuffing to me! There were leftovers and usually when I make stuffing there are none left.
My girls and I made these little stuffing balls last night with a ham dinner. The melted butter, onions, celery and thyme smelled absolutely delicious on the stove, but the herbs from the herbed stuffing mix was overpowering. I will probably tackle this one again this weekend and try using plain, dried white bread cubes instead.