1/1 Photo of Stuffing Stuffed Mushrooms
Very easy do ahead recipe. They are nicely browned, crispy and very tasty. You could adapt this to use Portabello Mushrooms (approx 6). Looks great on a festive buffet, as a brunch side dish or serve as an appetizer This was originally a Kraft Kitchen recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 large stuffing white mushrooms, stems removed and stems chopped
- 1 (120 g) box chicken flavor stuffing mix (or your choice)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons red peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1Mix the stuffing mix with the hot water, cover and stand 5 minutes.
- 2Saute the mushroom caps, open side up in 1 tbsp butter or margarine for 2 minutes, flip and saute a further 2 minutes.
- 3The mushrooms should be lightly browned but still firm.
- 4Remove caps and place them in a shallow baking dish.
- 5Add the chopped stems and peppers to the fry pan, saute 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in the stuffing mix.
- 7Spoon the mixture into the caps, drizzle with 2 tbsp butter/margarine.
- 8*You may make them up to this point cover and place in fridge for up to 3 hours, bring to room temp before finishing.
- 9Preheat broiler.
- 10Broil 5-7 inches from heat for approx 5 minutes or until golden and heated through.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffing Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.5
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Sodium 527.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 6.9 g