1/3 Photos of Stuffing Seasoning Mix
This recipe comes from my old stand-by More Make-A-Mix Cookery and is being posted in response to a request in Request a Recipe. This stuffing can be used in place of those expensive boxed or prepackaged mixes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon ground sage or 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon chopped dried celery flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine water, butter and seasoning mix.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium and simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in bread cubes and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring and fluffing with a fork.
- 4Cover; remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 5For variety:.
- 6Whole-Wheat Stuffing: Half whole wheat bread cubes and half white.
- 7Cornbread Stuffing: Use 3 cups cornbread for bread cubes.
- 8Nut Stuffing: Add 1/4 cup walnuts or diced water chestnuts.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffing Seasoning Mix
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.3
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 546.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried celery flakes