Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes from an ad [that I clipped years ago] for King's Hawaiian Original Recipe Bread.
Top Review by SweetsLady
Mah-velous! We love Hawaiian bread and this was a great way to use it. I omitted the celery and almonds due to family preference. I might try with dried cranberries instead of raisins, too. Thank you, Sydney Mike!
- 16 ounces loaf Hawaiian bread
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, in juice, drained
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup tart apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, & butter a 2-quart casserole baking dish.
- Cut bread into 1" cubes & place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add pineapple, almonds, apples & raisins.
- In a skillet, saute celery & onion with 1/2 cup butter.
- Toss the celery mixture into the bread mixture, & set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir seasonings & chicken broth together, then pour the seasoned broth evenly over the dry ingredients until desired moistness [all the broth might not be used]. Toss to combine.
- Place the stuffing in the baking dish, & cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the cover & bake an additional 10 minutes.