1/1 Photo of Stuffing Rolls
1 hr 42 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Goat mom's Note:
These started to find the perfect bread item to make leftover turkey sandwiches on. Tried as bread and never reliable, rise to high or not enough. After much trial and error these have been pretty fool proof. Son in law loves and says its not Thanksgiving till the leftover sandwich is eaten. Feel free to change up the spices to your taste preferences. I use fresh ground hard red wheat in this recipe so whole wheat flour would replace that. I use a bread machine to mix up and rise the dough. I made for use with packaged yeast for ease for begining bakers like my daughter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup wheat flour, hard red fresh ground is preferred
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, natural sea salt preferred
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme (optional) or 1/2 teaspoon marjoram (optional) or 1/2 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- fresh ground white pepper (optional)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 1Add ingredients in order for your bread machine, liquids to dry with yeast last. Use dough cycle.
- 2When risen punch down and place on floured board.
- 3Pinch off pieces to your size perference, small rolls to generous sandwich size based on risen size.
- 4Place on greased pan or non stick; about 2 inches apart.
- 5Cover with clean towel and let rise about 30-45 minutes; or doubled in size.
- 6I brush with a little melted butter or coconut oil right before baking.
- 7Preheat 375.
- 8Bake 12-20 minutes depending on size till golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffing Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.8
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 61.7 mg
- Sodium 657.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 14.0 g