Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
different kind of muffin...try it with sausage for breakfast
Make and share this stuffing muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup dark raisins or 2⁄3 cup golden raisin (or a mixture of both)
- 1 3⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced tart green apple (we used about 1/2 a Granny Smith)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- In a small bowl, cover the raisins with water and let sit 1 minute, then drain.
- Allow raisins to stand for 30 minutes to absorb the moisture that remains on their skins.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease standard muffin tins, line them with cupcake papers or spray them with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, apple, applesauce, walnuts, herbs, onion, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and sift together.
- Add the flour mixture and raisins to the milk mixture and stir with a fork until the batter is blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling each cup almost full.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the tins and transfer the muffins to a rack to cool slightly.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 12 muffins.
What a nice surprise.... Savory muffins! We thought these were great for Sunday brunch. Took your advise and served them w/ sausage. In short...YUM! Thanks for posting.
Twelve delicious muffins on the table this morning and along with the sausage and very small clementines everyone enjoyed a leisurely breakfast. Might try sarikat's suggestion next time around. TFS
This recipe is fantastic! The only changes I made were to sub almonds for walnuts, and to add 1.5 cups diced precooked chicken breast. They really do taste like stuffing! Also with the addition of chicken I got 18 muffins, not 12. I will be making this recipe, and variations of it, many many times!