1/1 Photo of stuffing muffins
different kind of muffin...try it with sausage for breakfast
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup dark raisins or 2/3 cup golden raisin (or a mixture of both)
- 1 3/4 cups nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced tart green apple (we used about 1/2 a Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1In a small bowl, cover the raisins with water and let sit 1 minute, then drain.
- 2Allow raisins to stand for 30 minutes to absorb the moisture that remains on their skins.
- 3Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 4Grease standard muffin tins, line them with cupcake papers or spray them with nonstick cooking spray.
- 5In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, apple, applesauce, walnuts, herbs, onion, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 6Combine the flour and baking powder and sift together.
- 7Add the flour mixture and raisins to the milk mixture and stir with a fork until the batter is blended.
- 8Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling each cup almost full.
- 9Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- 10Remove from the tins and transfer the muffins to a rack to cool slightly.
- 11Serve warm.
- 12Makes 12 muffins.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for stuffing muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2365.9
- Calories from Fat 627
- Total Fat 69.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 5570.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 390.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.8 g
- Sugars 101.6 g
- Protein 59.3 g