Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This has the finished texture of poultry stuffing. Very tasty and easy to make. This is the original recipe. Chefs can decide about altering the amount of butter.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs broccoli, chopped (or 2 pkg. frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package Pepperidge Farm stuffing (granular texture, not bread cubes)
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- Cook broccoli in 1 1/4 cups water, no salt. Do not drain.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle generously with paprika, then the cheeses.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
We love this recipe! Made w/a roast chicken salad, I wanted a combo of a starch & veggie so the meal wouldn't be so heavy. This dish was a perfect choice, but I did get a little creative out of necessity. I had 1 can of cream of mushroom soup & that was it, so I made do w/chicken broth by adding cream cheese to it. I'm pretty sure it was less creamy than intended, but it sure didn't seem to bother the tasty outcome. It's now a favorite ... for its flavor & its make-ahead to rewarm veresatility. Thx for posting this recipe for us. :-)
Excellent! Would make again. Thanks for the recipe!
Stuffing and broccoli a good combination. I would use less parmesan than called for when making this again. It ovewhelmed the other flavors. Made for PAC spring 2010.