Recipe by Kathy(
This recipe serves just 4-5 people, but if you are looking for a very pretty and special presentation for stuffing, this is it!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was good and quick to whip up. I left out the mushrooms because DH doesn't like them and added one stalk of finely chopped celery. I used a cubed stuffing mix and the finished product was a little dry, but not too bad. Could have been because of the missing moisture from the mushrooms, or the big cubes of stuffing. Next time I will crush the stuffing a little and maybe add a couple tablesoons of stock to the stuffing. Was a very good dish though, we will be making this again!! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 0.5 (17 1/3 ounce) package puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup herb stuffing mix
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw puff pastry at room temperature for 30 minutes. Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix ONE egg with 1 tablespoon water. Set aside.
- Mix together sausage, stuffing, remaining egg, onion, and mushrooms.
- Unfold puff pastry onto a lightly floured baking sheet, creating 3 sections (lengthwise). DO NOT separate the sections. Cut 9 strips in the two outer sections, about 1 inch apart, cutting just to the fold line in the pastry. These strips will be criss-crossed over the stuffing.
- Spoon sausage mixture in the center of the pastry. Starting at one end, fold the pastry strips over the sausage mixture, alternating sides. Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden. Slice and serve warm.