Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Had too many fresh eggs and lots of left over stuffing. Saw this recipe from Robin Miller on Food Network We loved it so wanted to post it here to keep for next year. Made with left over half-half in place of milk. Can also make anytime with stove top.
- 2 -3 cups leftover prepared stuffing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 -8 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Coat an ovenproof nonstick skillet with cooking spray or olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Put stuffing in the bottom of the pan and stir to break up a little and warm.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, mustard and nutmeg. Pour over stuffing and cheese. Needs to cover stuffing (use more eggs and milk if necessary.
- Reduce heat to low and cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer to the preheated broiler and broil for 2 to 4 minutes, until egg is cooked through and cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Let rest 5 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.