Recipe by Ms. DMAC
Stuffing the way my mama used to make.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Great stuffing, and can understand why ....especially when handed down from generation to generation. I only needed to use 2 eggs, and 3 cups of chicken broth, but other then that, just great. I used about 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning and it was plenty. A wonderful recipe and one that will use often! Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 20 ounces cubed loaf seasoned bread
- 1 (5 ounce) package seasoned croutons
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions
- 3 smashed garlic cloves
- 3 beaten eggs
- salt and pepper
- poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) candrained sliced water chestnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet on medium, sautee the celery, onion and garlic until transparent.
- Combine the sauteed veggies with the cubed bread and croutons in a large mixing bowl. Add the water chestnuts, Parsley, sage and poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Moisten the mixture with the chicken broth, use as much as needed to get the bread moist, not wet or soggy. Add the beaten eggs as well. Mixing with the hands is the best way.
- Prepare the Turkey. Stuff the cavity and neck cavity. Put any extra in another baking dish and cook with turkey in the oven.