1/2 Photos of Stuffing for the Adventurous (Cuban-Style)
Found in the most recent email I received from Grandparents.com, this unique recipe is by Miami-based celebrity chef *Douglas Rodriguez* who (at 43 yrs of age) has been hailed as the *Godfather of Nuevo Latino Cuisine* . He is also a cookbook author & owner of award-winning restaurants in Miami, Philadelphia, Scottsdale & Chicago. This recipe shares his fondness for the Thanksgiving holiday, his memories of his apron-clad grandmother cooking in their Miami kitchen & his Cuban heritage. (Times have been estimated. 20 min was allowed for ingredient prep & the overall times reflect only the time spent getting the stuffing ready for the turkey or the oven.) *Enjoy* !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion (cut in a 1/2-in dice)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 stalk celery (cut in a 1/2-in dice)
- 1/2 cup carrot (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded & cut in a 1/2-in dice)
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (approx 4 ears)
- 1 lb chorizo sausage (cut in a 1/2-in dice) or 1 lb salami (cut in a 1/2-in dice)
- 1 lb cornbread (crumbled)
- salt & pepper
- 1 bunch scallion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- 1Reduce chicken stock in a saucepan over med-high heat to 1 cup.
- 2Heat olive oil in a heavy-bottom sauté pan or skillet & add the onion, garlic, celery, carrot, bell pepper, corn & chorizo. Sauté for 10 min, stirring occ, till the celery & onion are soft.
- 3Stir in crumbled cornbread & reduced chicken stock till thoroughly mixed together. Season w/salt & pepper to taste & stir in the scallions & thyme.
- 4Remove the pan form the heat & set aside to cool completely, till you are ready to stuff your turkey. If you choose not to stuff the bird, bake in a casserole dish at 350F for 1 hr, covered.
- 5NOTE: Yield = 10-12 servings . *or* . enough to stuff a 20-25 lb turkey.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffing for the Adventurous (Cuban-Style)
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.7
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 59.6 mg
- Sodium 945.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 16.8 g