Recipe by Weiner's Mom
My sister in law gave me this recipe. It is her family since she was little girl. I found a similar here, but not quite the same. So since I love this one, I might as well post it. No regrets - you are gonna love it!
Top Review by hawkswife
Sorry but this dressing did NOT measure up to our expectations. I'm very glad I decided to do a trial run the day before and not make it the day of. It calls for so much broth that is super soggy!!!! Did not dry out at all, and it was like mush! So if you like that kind of dressing then you may like this, as the flavor was wonderful. But we like our dressing more
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 13 cups slightly dry bread cubes, mixed whole wheat and white
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet and sauté onion, celery, parsley.
- Pour over bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl.
- Add all seasonings and toss together well.
- Pour in broth and beaten eggs, and mix together well.
- Pack lightly into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high 45 minutes, then reduce to low for 4-8 hours. (crock pots can be very different from one another).
- Enjoy it!