Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cooking for yourself or a crowd can be pretty difficult if you have to alter recipe sizes (unless you have Zaar to do it for you!) This recipe is soo simple to multiply, you can do it for one or one hundred!
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can celery soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned stuffing mix, such as Stove Top
- 2 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Wash the chicken breasts and pat dry. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a shallow bowl, pour the soup and completely coat the chicken breasts with the soup. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Place the stuffing mix in a zip-top bag and crush slightly with a rolling pin. Place each breast in the bag and toss to make sure each is coated well. It might work better for you to pour the crumbs in a bowl and roll the breasts.
- Place the breasts in a shallow baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake at 375 uncovered until the juices run clear.
This was a really nice alternative to shake n bake. I used celery soup, and i thought it kept the chicken nice and moist. It took about 20 mins to cook. I definately agree with you that it would probably be easier to coat chicken if crumbs were is a dish rather than a zip lock bag, i'll be doing that next time. A definate keeper! thanks xxx
This makes for a excellent chicken dish.I went exactly by the recipe,it turned out perfectly.The only thing I would recommend would be to use just half a tin of soup.I poured all mine into a bowl to coat the chicken.I only needed about 10% of that but since the raw chicken was in it I had to dispose of the rest.Anyway,this recipe is great.The coating stays nice and crispy.Thanks for posting.
I've made this a couple times now and it couldn't be easier. I triple this for 6 servings for my family of 5. I also put the stuffing mix in the food processor for crushing, just whirl it through. I have use both cream of chicken and cream of celery soup and both are equally delcious. I also use breasts and legs. Easy main dish for any night of the week.