Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great for Thanksgiving weekend! Delicious strata made with left over dressing.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups leftover white bread prepared stuffing
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 13x9" glass baking dish.
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute until tender and juices evaporate, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine egg and milk in large bowl and whisk to blend well.
- Stir in mushrooms and leftover stuffing until well combined.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until heated through and browned, about 50 minutes.
Just realized I forgot to review this.... This ia a great way to use up all that stuffing and get an entirely new dish! I used monterey jack cheese instead of swiss and a 4 oz can of mushrooms since I didn't have fresh ones on hand. I'm sure I'll be using this one every year...very good!