Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
No egg used here. From an auto-glass company's compilation cookbook which was given out as a gift. It contains recipes from all different insurance companies in the US. This was submitted by Dean Bruce of the Erie Insurance Agency, Shippenville, PA. Posting for future reference. I guessed serving since I haven't made it yet.
- 1 1⁄2 loaves bread, cut into cubes
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 ounces water
- sage, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Saute onions and celery in butter and set aside.
- Sprinkle sage, salt and pepper on bread cubes in a bowl.
- Pour onion and celery mixture over bread.
- Add half the can of chicken soup and mix well, then form balls.
- Grease a 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
- Place balls in dish.
- Combine remaining soup with water and spoon half of this over the balls.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and spoon rest of soup and water mix over the balls and continue baking for another 10 minutes.