Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and easy side dish. I got this from a good friend when I had a lot of extra home grown tomatoes to use up and needed more recipes.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper strip, 1/4 x 1 inch
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- 4 tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges each (2 1/2 inch)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add seasonings.
- Saute' celery and green pepper uncovered until heated.
- Add stuffing, toss.
- Add tomatoes and sugar, toss and Cover.
- Cook over low to medium heat 10-12 minutes.
This is a favorite...if I don't have a green pepper, I substitute chopped onio...this is a real summer "comfort food". I've tripled the recipe for pot lucks and everyone raves.