Recipe by Heidi Lukye
I like this one because it is easy and very tasty. It was my Grandmother's recipe, and has been in the family ever since.
Top Review by Fighting Irish #7
Delicious and easy - made this for Thanksgiving this year. I just came back to get recipe for Christmas Dinner and realized I didn't rate it :( Big thumbs up - I'm not a big sage fan so this recipe is perfect. I put in in a greased casserole dish and baked for 45 min @ 350. Turned out great. Thanks for sharing
- 1 (2 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced (optional)
- 8 cups bread, cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute celery and onion (if using) in butter.
- Bring soup mix and water to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes. Stir in poultry seasoning, butter, celery and onion.
- Add this mixture to the bread cubes; toss together.
- Let stand in a warm place, covered.
- Stir occasionally.
- Stuff the bird when you are ready.
- Stuffing can also be put in a slow cooker if you are not going to stuff the bird.Grease crockpot; add stuffing; set on low for 3-4 hours.