Recipe by LizardMC
Simple stuffing recipe from a good friend. It can be made with or without the meats. I suggest that if you intend to stuff the turkey, then do not use the meats. But if you just plan to serve it as a side dish, then the meats add a lot of flavor.
- 1 loaf white bread
- 1 -2 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Tear bread into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop celery and onion into small chunks.
- Brown meats and drain.
- Saute celery and onion.
- In a large bowl, mix meat, celery, onion and bread.
- Stir in egg and milk until bread is moist.
- Add sage, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in casserole dish.
- Bake until top is browned, about 45-50 minutes.
- Or cook inside of turkey and cook with the meat.