Recipe by Mel T
Another recipe from Kraft's What's Cooking Spring issue. While I have not yet made these myself, they sound downright interesting! If you make them, let me know how they turn out!
Top Review by bmcnichol
These were just OK for us. I followed the recipe as written other then I did use some advice from other reviewers. I only used 5 XL large eggs and a scrambled them in a bowl. I added the bacon and cheese to the egg mixture. Since others complained they were plain, I used cheddar cheese and salt and pepper. Mine made eight muffins but if I would make them again, I would make 12 muffins (I would put less stuffing in each cup) as we thought they had too much stuffing and not enough egg.
- 1 (120 g) package chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheddar blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package.
- Press 1/4 cup stuffing firmly onto bottom and up sides of 8 muffin cups, forming about 1/4 inch rim around top of cup.
- Crack 1 egg into each stuffing cup; sprinkle with bacon bits and cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until yolks are set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.