Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe from Kraft's What's Cooking Spring issue. While I have not yet made these myself, they sound downright interesting! If you make them, let me know how they turn out!
- 1 (120 g) package chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheddar blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package.
- Press 1/4 cup stuffing firmly onto bottom and up sides of 8 muffin cups, forming about 1/4 inch rim around top of cup.
- Crack 1 egg into each stuffing cup; sprinkle with bacon bits and cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until yolks are set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
These were just OK for us. I followed the recipe as written other then I did use some advice from other reviewers. I only used 5 XL large eggs and a scrambled them in a bowl. I added the bacon and cheese to the egg mixture. Since others complained they were plain, I used cheddar cheese and salt and pepper. Mine made eight muffins but if I would make them again, I would make 12 muffins (I would put less stuffing in each cup) as we thought they had too much stuffing and not enough egg.
These made for a great, filling breakfast. We love stuffing so these were right up our alley. The only change I made was to add some diced onion as other reviewers suggested. Thanks for the recipe Mel T!
I had some leftover stuffing and saw this recipe. How Fun!!! We had fun eating and assembling. I love the presentation and who can have enough stuffing.