Recipe by skunk galloway
This came from my sister-in-law from Quebec. It's a home made Sloppy Joe recipe. Tasty, easy and a kid pleaser.
Top Review by Darlene Summers
You Know,I am always a one sandwich person when we have sandwiches,but this time I broke the rule.My goodnes but this was sooooo good,I just had to have 2 this time. and what a good idea to use hot dog buns instead of hamburger buns,it was a lot easier to eat and didn't fall out everywhere like it does in hamburger buns. Thank you for this delicious recipe.Darlene
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped small
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped small
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (pieces and stems or chopped) (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup green hot dog relish
- 2 slices cheese (the Kraft wrapped cheese slice kind)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 (6 count) package hot dog buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, brown and saute together the ground beef, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms (if using).
- Cook until crumbly and well done.
- Drain off the fat.
- Add the ketchup, green relish, cheese slices and mustard.
- Stir well until the cheese slices melt and it is well mixed.
- Heat for a minute or two more.
- Stuff the mixture into hot dog buns.
- These can be reheated by wrapping in foil and placing in a warm oven.