1 hr 20 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
An exotic way to use those large Zucchini from the garden. The yogurt sauce is a delicious, garlicky treat. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice and a vegetable side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cut zucchini lengthwise and remove seeds.
- 3Place cut side up in one or two large casseroles dishes (depending one the size of the squash.) Spray a large skillet with oil cooking spray, gently cook onion until transparent.
- 4Combine cooked onions with ground beef, rice, parsley, allspice, salt and prpper, and mix throughly.
- 5Fill each zucchini boat with the meat mixture, mounding it up and packing it in.
- 6Pour 1 cup (240ml) water on the bottom of each pan, around the squashes.
- 7cover pans tightly with aluminum foil, bake 45 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, prepare yogurt sauce: In a heavy saucepan, combine yogurt, egg white, cornstarch, and salt.
- 9Stir mixture over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- 10continue to stir and cook for 5 minutes; it will thicken slightly as it cooks.
- 11Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 12When Zucchini has cooked for 45 minutes, remove from oven, uncover, and pour yogurt sauce over Zucchini.
- 13Return to oven, uncovered and cook for 10 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Zucchini Middle East Style
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.2
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 86.8 mg
- Sodium 949.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 27.1 g