1/1 Photo of Stuffed Zucchini Italiano
Not sure where I got this recipe, but it's easy and good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium zucchini, 2 pounds
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 32 ounces marinara sauce, purchased or 32 ounces homemade marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 375~F.
- 2Trim ends of zucchini.
- 3Cut zucchini in half lengthwise.
- 4Carefully scoop out centers leaving 1/4-inch thick shells.
- 5Chop pulp (makes about 1 cup); set aside.
- 6In a large skillet brown ground beef; drain fat.
- 7Stir in reseved zucchini pulp, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup marinara sauce and egg; mix well.
- 8Place zucchini shells in a shallow baking pan.
- 9Spoon meat mixture into shells.
- 10Pour remaining marinara sauce over and around zucchini.
- 11Cover and bake until zucchini shells are tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- 12Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 13Bake, uncovered, until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Zucchini Italiano
Serving Size: 1 (611 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.3
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 143.4 mg
- Sodium 1737.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 36.6 g