Not sure where I got this recipe, but it's easy and good.
Make and share this Stuffed Zucchini Italiano recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium zucchini, 2 pounds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 32 ounces marinara sauce, purchased or 32 ounces homemade marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs, divided
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375~F.
- Trim ends of zucchini.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Carefully scoop out centers leaving 1/4-inch thick shells.
- Chop pulp (makes about 1 cup); set aside.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef; drain fat.
- Stir in reseved zucchini pulp, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup marinara sauce and egg; mix well.
- Place zucchini shells in a shallow baking pan.
- Spoon meat mixture into shells.
- Pour remaining marinara sauce over and around zucchini.
- Cover and bake until zucchini shells are tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.