Recipe by Pianolady
I adopted this as part of the Recipezaar orphaned recipes adoption fair :-) I will make it soon and add any adjustments I find necessary... any input from any of you will be greatly appreciated!! Serve as a vegetable main course. While the squash is baking you'll have more than enough time to make a tomato salad!
- 2 zucchini, 6-7
- 1 cup corn, whole-kernel, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese, small curd
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, black
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop the seeds out of each half with a teaspoon.
- Mix together the corn, cottage cheese, salt, pepper, and green onions.
- Spoon the mixture into the squash halves, mounding it slightly.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Place the squash in a buttered 8 x 8 x 2 baking dish and bake, uncovered for 15 minutes, or until the squash is tender and the cheese topping has melted.
- YOU CAN ALSO USE YELLOW SQUASH.