Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adopted this as part of the Recipezaar orphaned recipes adoption fair :-) I will make it soon and add any adjustments I find necessary... any input from any of you will be greatly appreciated!! Serve as a vegetable main course. While the squash is baking you'll have more than enough time to make a tomato salad!
- 2 zucchini, 6-7
- 1 cup corn, whole-kernel, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese, small curd
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, black
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop the seeds out of each half with a teaspoon.
- Mix together the corn, cottage cheese, salt, pepper, and green onions.
- Spoon the mixture into the squash halves, mounding it slightly.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Place the squash in a buttered 8 x 8 x 2 baking dish and bake, uncovered for 15 minutes, or until the squash is tender and the cheese topping has melted.
- YOU CAN ALSO USE YELLOW SQUASH.
Our whole family (kids included) loved it. So easy to make, and something different to do with zucchini. Will be making this again!
Zucchini is not one of my favorite vegetables but I loved this recipe. The bake time is just right - they come out hot through and still crunchy - I added 1/2 tsp of hot cajun spice and it worked. Served with garlic mashed potatoes, steammed broccoli & salmon - Lovely dinner thanks Pianolady