Recipe by Kayne
I know this came from the Easy Everyday Cooking card collection, but I don't remember which card. However, I do remember that it is delicious.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup cottage cheese (I use the mozzarella) or 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese (I use the mozzarella)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Spray oven proof baking dish with non stick spray.
- Thoroughly wash the zucchini.
- Cook in large saucepan with enough boiling water to cover until almost tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Slice off top 1/3 lengthwise and discard tops.
- Carefully scoop out pulp to form boats, do not cut or pierce skin.
- Place pulp in strainer, drain and press dry, paper towels work well.
- Combine pulp with sour cream, butter, cottage or mozzeralla cheese, salt and pepper in bowl; mix well.
- Spoon into zucchini boats.
- Place in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and crumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through and filling is golden brown.