Recipe by Dancer^
This makes a nice side for roast beef or a roasted chicken. It is also nice with provalone cheese instead of parmesan.
Top Review by Marsha D.
A nice change for stuffed zucchini but we did feel it was missing something like maybe a tomato sauce mixed in with the mixture. Was really a easy recipe to make. I used monterey jack cheese in place of the parmesan cheese. I also added Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb to the mixture for alittle more flavor. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 medium zucchini, about 28 ounces
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4" of flesh intact.
- Discard pulp.
- You can use a teaspoon to dig out the pulp and seeds, then once most of the pulp has been removed, use the spoon to scrape out any remaining seeds.
- Place zucchini shells on a greased, foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle zucchini with salt and pepper.
- Brown the meat, garlic, onion, and mushrooms, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper; drain fat.
- Fill zucchini with meat mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Uncover, top with cheese and bake to melt cheese, about 10 minutes.