Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was inspired by a stuffed mushroom recipe I have. It is easy to do and it gets rave reviews every time I serve it.
- 3 small zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup feta or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- Slice small zuccinis in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and set zuccinis aside.
- Fry grated zuccini (a large, older zuccini is fine for this part), and onion in butter until onion is tender and most of the liquid is gone.
- Remove from heat and mix in bread crumbs, cheese, egg and oregano (this is the stuffing).
- Spoon stuffing into zuccini halves (where the seeds used to be) and place halves, stuffing side up, onto a baking tray (this can be done up to a day ahead, and refridgerated until needed).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Made directly as instructed. They were pretty good, the only thing I would change is somehow to season the zucchini. The "stuffing" was so tasty, but it seemed to just slip off the zucchini "shell" and the zucchini didn't have much taste. I will be trying these again however, they were totally quick and easy, the guys ate them for poker night!