Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is stuffed with Turkey, and all kinds of good things.
Make and share this Stuffed Zucchini recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -9 ounces zucchini, each cut lengthwise and hollowed out
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 4 leaves fresh sage, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 1⁄3 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, for topping
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil, add ground turkey. When browned, add remaining ingredients.
- Stir till cheese is melted.
- Mound on top of cut zucchini and sprinkle grated cheese on top of each stuffed zucchini.
- Place on a sheet pan and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Not being a fan of sage, I followed the lead of one of the other reviewers and subbed cilantro which went nicely with the salsa. I made these up a day ahead and just reheated for dinner which worked out very well. THanks for posting.
Great! Made a couple of substitutions-cilantro for the sage, corn for the peas and diced green chilis for the chili peppers. Baked for 35 minutes. This will be ideal for summer when the garden is overflowing with zucchini!
The zucchini turned out tender, but the sage did not mix well with the other ingredients. A fine recipe, but overall I simply did not care for the taste.