Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This low carb dish is easy to make in the microwave, plus delicious. I love to make these in the summer when we have lots of zucchini in the garden.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise in half.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 inch wall; Chop pulp and reserve.
- Place zucchini shells cut sides down in dish.
- Cover loosely and microwave on high (100%) until crisp-tender (about5-6 minutes.) Cover and microwave reserved pulp, onions, and butter in a 1 1/2 quart casserole or bowl on high until tender (6-7 minutes.) Stir in cheese, tomato, salt& pepper.
- Turn Zucchini shell cut sides up; spoon mixture into shells.
- Cover loosely and microwave on high until hot (2-3 minutes.).
I can't wait to make this! Sounds YUMMY!
I also scaled this to one zucchini, it worked out just fine. I was out of parmesan cheese but did have some asiago, so used that , the tomato, onion and cheese combination is always nice and this was no exception. We enjoyed this cut in half as our veggie with some baked chicken breasts. Just to finish it off, I placed the two halves under the broiler for about 2 minutes, and added 1 jalepino chopped into the tomato mix. We will certainly make this again, microwaving makes it quick and easy. Thanks for sharing.
I scaled this down to one zuchinni. These came out really well. I added a few tbs of ricotta cheese to the stuffing mix. I didn't have spring onions so I put in a quarter of one white onion diced. Microwaving made it come out really easy. I think it would make a good vegetarian main dish..