Barb Gertz's Note:
This low carb dish is easy to make in the microwave, plus delicious. I love to make these in the summer when we have lots of zucchini in the garden.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut zucchini lengthwise in half.
- 2Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 inch wall; Chop pulp and reserve.
- 3Place zucchini shells cut sides down in dish.
- 4Cover loosely and microwave on high (100%) until crisp-tender (about5-6 minutes.) Cover and microwave reserved pulp, onions, and butter in a 1 1/2 quart casserole or bowl on high until tender (6-7 minutes.) Stir in cheese, tomato, salt& pepper.
- 5Turn Zucchini shell cut sides up; spoon mixture into shells.
- 6Cover loosely and microwave on high until hot (2-3 minutes.).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.1
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 164.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g