Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
The cheeses contrast well with the very delicate flavor of the zucchinis in this recipe. Wrap the zucchinis and bake them in the barbeque.
- 8 small zucchini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano (dried)
- 1 tablespoon basil (dried)
- Preheat barbeque grill.
- Cut eight pieces of foil large enough to encase each zucchini and lightly brush each piece with olive oil.
- Trim the zucchinis and cut a thin slit along tht length of each.
- Insert pieces of mozzarella and provolone in the slits, then sprinkle with garlic, oregano,& basil.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over each piece.
- Wrap each zucchini in foil, place on barbeque, and bake for about 25 minutes, until tender.
This was great. I used it with both zucchini and yellow squash. I liked that you could leave it whole instead of all the chopping. And well, everything's better with CHEESE!!!
This was really very good. I've only fixed zucchini one or two times before and this is definitely the best! Even my daughter who gags at vegetables ate two pieces! The only thing I did differently was to bake it in the oven at 350, since I already had a casserole in. Thanks!