1/2 Photos of Stuffed Zucchini
1 hr 25 mins
A different way to serve zucchini that is healthy and absolutely delicious. Modify the filling however you'd like. Best served with whole wheat spaghetti and a side salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium zucchini
- 24 ounces spaghetti sauce (your favorite kind or homemade)
- 20 ounces ground turkey breast, extra lean
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (ribs and seeds removed)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, panko
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Spread about a cup of the spaghetti sauce into the bottom of the pan to keep the zucchini moist as they bake.
- 2Cut the ends off of the zucchini and cut each zucchini in half lengthwise.
- 3Using a spoon, scrape the seeds out of each zucchini half to create zucchini boats, reserving the pulp. Place zucchini in pan.
- 4To make the filling, place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Chop the zucchini pulp and add 1/2 cup to the ground turkey.
- 5Add chopped pepper and onions, egg white, breadcrumbs, and seasoning. Mix to combine. Your hands are the best tools for this!
- 6Divide the filling among the zucchini. Depending on the size of your zucchini, you may have extra filling, but it works really well for stuffed peppers as well, so just find something else to stuff!
- 7Cover the zucchini with some of the remaining spaghetti sauce -- I didn't end up needing the entire jar.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through.
- 9Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- 10Serve with whole wheat spaghetti and a side salad.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.2
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 792.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 27.2 g