Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is delicious, and in a time when everyone has a surplus of zucchini, it's definately needed to use it all up!!!!!
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- cut zucchini in half lengthwise.
- cook in boiling water until nearly tender.
- scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4 shell.
- Set shells aside.
- Finely chop the zucchini pulp, set aside.
- cook onion in hot oil until tender, but not brown.
- add zucchini pulp, cook 1 minute more.
- stir in flour, basil, and pepper.
- add milk.
- cook and sitir until thickened and bubbly.
- cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- gradually add zucchini mixture to the egg, stir in parmesan cheese.
- add white rice as needed to thicken mixture.
- spoon into zucchini shells.
- bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees until filling is lightly browned.