Recipe by dojemi
This makes a beautiful presentation as a side dish.
Top Review by RaeMay
My boyfriend loved this and even said his mom would too!! That's all I need to know. This is a total winner. Thank you!! PS: I added a couple cloves of garlic but I always do. I'm sure this would be great without it too!!
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 (4 ounce) cupshredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook whole zucchini in boiling water about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out centers, leaving a 1/4-inch shell; chop center portion and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; saute mushrooms about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour& oregano; remove from heat.
- Stir in Monterey Jack cheese and pimento; stir in the reserved chopped zucchini.
- Heat mixture through.
- Preheat broiler.
- Fill zucchini shells, using approximately 1/4 cup filling for each.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil several inches from source of heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- NOTE: Stuffed zucchini may be assembled in advance, covered and refrigerated up to 4 hours.
- Broil for 5 to 7 minutes instead of 3 to 5.