1/1 Photo of Stuffed Zucchini
This makes a beautiful presentation as a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook whole zucchini in boiling water about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- 2Cut in half lengthwise.
- 3Scoop out centers, leaving a 1/4-inch shell; chop center portion and set aside.
- 4Melt butter in a large skillet; saute mushrooms about 3 minutes or until tender.
- 5Stir in flour& oregano; remove from heat.
- 6Stir in Monterey Jack cheese and pimento; stir in the reserved chopped zucchini.
- 7Heat mixture through.
- 8Preheat broiler.
- 9Fill zucchini shells, using approximately 1/4 cup filling for each.
- 10Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 11Broil several inches from source of heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 12NOTE: Stuffed zucchini may be assembled in advance, covered and refrigerated up to 4 hours.
- 13Broil for 5 to 7 minutes instead of 3 to 5.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.6
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.6 mg
- Sodium 248.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 8.3 g