Top Review by CJ #6
Boy was this good!!! I made a few changes, only because I had it on hand. I had one huge zucchini in the garden (12 inches). I added a large handful of fresh spinach to the mixture instead of the parsley and 3 strips of leftover cooked bacon instead of the mushroom. My husband LOVED this recipe and insists on it again this week. Thanks so much for posting.
- 7 fresh zucchini (4-6 inches long)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out insides leaving about 1/4-in shell.
- Finely chop zucchini pulp; set aside. Saute onion in oil in large heavy skillet. Add mushrooms, garlic and reserved chopped zucchini; cook over medium heat until most of moisture evaporates.
- Add cream cheese, egg, Parmesan, parsley, and pepper.
- Mix well; cook for about 10 minutes.
- Cool filling slightly and fill zucchini shells.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. Place on jelly roll pans; bake for 30 minutes at 350°F until bubbly and golden brown on top.