Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe on allrecipes.com and adapted it for my own taste. It is a tasty vegetarian meal that goes great with a green salad or a bowl of soup.
- 4 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Scoop out the flesh of the zucchini; chop the flesh and set aside. Place the shells in the prepared dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions for 5 minutes, then add garlic and saute 2 minutes more.
- Stir in chopped zucchini and mushrooms; saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, chick peas, lemon juice, cilantro and pepper. Spoon mixture into zucchini shells.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until zucchini are tender.