Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A vegetarian version of stuffed zucchini involving sesame seeds. I created the filling, so please credit http://chocolatemoosey.blogspot.com
- 3 zucchini
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook zucchini in boiling water for 3 minutes; drain. This will soften the zucchinis so it'll be easy to cut and scoop. Once they are cool enough to touch, cut each one in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds; discard seeds. Place zucchini boats into 2 13x9 pans (cookie sheets would work too). Preheat oven to 350F.
- Toss together mushrooms, tomatoes, and olives. Place evenly into each boat.
- Melt butter in microwave. Add garlic and sesame seeds. Spoon evenly on top of each boat. Bake for 35 minutes. Zucchini should fall easily off a fork.
- While the boats are baking, combine yogurt, cucumbers, garlic powder, dillweed, and lemon juice. Let chill. Serve on top of warm zucchini boats.