Prep 12 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a more simplified recipe for stuffed zucchini compared to some of the others posted here at "zaar", but it is simple to put together and very tasty! This is from Cooking for 2 Summer 2007. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1⁄3 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, blend
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out and discard pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
- Place zucchini in a sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook 2 to 4 minutes or until tender. Drain. In a small bowl, combine the tomato,cheese,parsley, salt, garlic powder, oregano and pepper.
- Spoon into zucchini shells.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place in an 8 inch square baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 2--25 minutes or until heated through.
Went the make dinner last night and found I had no Vegetable. Only thing I cold find was one lonely zucchini. I thought "what can I do with ONE zucchini!?" This was perfect! I'm with Bergy. I didn't pre-cook. 20 minutes in the oven and they were cooked through but still had some crunch. I liked them even more once they cooled off. I could easily eat these cold in my lunch!
easy and yummy. hubby ate all the tomato before i made these so i had to omit. i did double easily. i did precook and it made them very soft.
This is a very tasty easy recipe and the neat thing was that I used lite cheese , only 1 oz for both halves and just a tsp of parmesan on each . It is not only delicious but healthy too. I did not pre cook the zuke - we like them crunchy and 15 minutes in the oven does it - melts the cheese and heats it right through Thanks mer@ for posting